GAH… What an unexpected honor to be nominated not once, but twice. First, Jen, of …But first, coffee (with Jen), surprised me with a nomination. Then, Sydney, of Captured By Sydney doubled up the surprise by nominating me a second time. Thank you both very much; I’m beyond excited to have been thought of for this award. I am going to try to live up to the award with this post. By the way, I have been on blog hiatus for a ridiculous amount of months and I couldn’t have chosen a better topic to be my first “come-back” post. Again, thank you for thinking of me.
So, what exactly is this? The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other. These bloggers are positive, creative, and inspiring. To be included among them is an honor.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to her/his blog.
- Answer 11 questions* that the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the awards and write them 11 questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
*Since I received 2 nominations, I will do my best to let readers go behind-the-scenes by answering 22 questions.
Here are the 11 questions asked by Jen:
- What fictional place would you most like to go to? Hands down, Hogwarts. We have season passes to Universal studios and I cannot wait to visit Harry Potter land during the holidays. Ravenclaw!
- What is your favorite beverage? I rarely drink anything except water, but I do love the occasional IBC Root Beer.
- What animal would be cutest if scaled down to the size of a cat? Koala. I would so love to have one.
- If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days? I am a SAHM, so I would basically be getting paid for the first time since taking over this position. Shoot… I would sip my coffee a little longer that’s for sure. Maybe meditate on the beach or just read, uninterrupted.
- What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of? Steel Magnolias
- What social stigma does society need to get over? The idea of “normal”. What is normal for me may not be normal for another. And, that’s perfectly ok.
- What food have you never eaten but would really like to try? Hmm… I’m not terribly food adventurous, but I would like to try Tres Leches. I have heard it is delicious.
- What is your favorite novel/book? Insomnia by Stephen King. I am a HUGE Stephen King fan. This book kept me up into the wee hours of the morning in 1997.
- What makes you roll your eyes every time you hear it? One word: Trump.
- What’s your cure for hiccups? I hold my breath.
- What mythical creature do you wish actually existed? Vampires. I know that probably seems a bit morbid, but it’s true nonetheless.
Here are the 11 questions asked by Sydney:
- What inspired you to start your blog? Writing is quite therapeutic for me. I wanted to tell my story, inspire someone if they needed it, heal past wounds, and finally stop “wanting” to write. I’m sure that list could go on and on as it is evolving into so much more.
- What would be your ideal working environment? A beach bungalow with absolutely no one to interrupt my.
- How would you describe your lifestyle and is there a person who is a major inspiration to you? I am quite active; biking, hiking, camping, beach walker, adventurer, always trying to find my life balance even though I’m terrible at meditation. I have a gypsy soul, hippie style, and all wrapped neatly with a hint of suffocating control. I blame motherhood for that last one.
- Where would you like to be in blogging five years from now? I would like to have written a book by then, but if I manage to simply inspire another person then I’d find it fullfilling.
- If you could take an entirely free trip to anywhere for a whole month, where would you go and why? Bali – Because Eat, Pray, Love. Need I explain further?
- Is there any advice you’ve been given in the past that you live by daily? Some of the best social media advice I ever received was, “If it doesn’t fill your heart, fill your head, or fill your wallet, unfollow it.” – Kendra Aarhus. She was not only right, but also, it’s something I will never forget. It helped me see my out of long-standing toxic relationships and patterns.
- Where or what is your happy place? I am at my happiest anywhere there is a beach. The blue space is my favorite zen.
- If you could only live out of a suitcase the rest of your life, what would be in it? Umm… Toothbrush/toothpaste, Hairbrush, flip-flops, boho attire, and underwear. Maybe some tennis shoes, too. I can’t imagine not adventuring while living out of a suitcase.
- If you could live as anyone else for a week, who would you be? I don’t envy anyone specific but I would pick someone who is backpacking Europe. That’s a big bucket list item for me.
- What’s one of your favorite memories? Breakfast with my Grandpa. We spent many a morning together having a danish.
- What is the most important thing you want your readers to take away from your blog? Strength. Perseverance amidst life can be difficult at times, but perspective, tenacity, and a sense of community can be all the armor one needs.
My 11 nominees:
- Kristen @books.faith.love
- Clare @The Normal Girl’s Guide to Life
- Melanie @Untamed Melodies
- Rita @A Mental State of Mind
- A Princess @Too Many Cinderellas
- Chris @Parkslife
- Amanda Rae @Mermaid Lounge
- Victoria @Wake up to Wanderlust
- Quratulain @Quwrites
- Simone @Tea and Tats
- Kelly @Paperback Adventures
Here are the questions for my nominations:
- Who, what, or where inspires you?
- Do you prefer to listen to gentle showers or thunderstorms?
- Favorite Author?
- What inspired you to start writing?
- Top 3 recent books?
- Introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- Do you prefer the fast pace of a city or laid back motion of the country?
- Last time you celebrated a win for yourself?